One of the most beautiful small villages of the Balaton-Upperland in Western Hungary is the village of Barnag. The first notes of the village remained from 1082. The village was assets firstly of the Kinizsis, later of the Zichy family. A number of families settled in the village from South-Germany in the 18th century and locals distinct two parts of the village, German- and Hungarian Barnag until today. Behind the Saint Martin church, a beautiful calvary was built, protected by the Hungarian Heritage. The paintings in the calvary were remade by Somogyi Győző, Kossuth Prize winner Hungarian artist. A dirt road is leading from the village through the land of the Natural Heritage Park to the Zádor vár, ruins of a fort from the middle ages, which can be a lovely excursion for tourists. Barnag has 120 residents and one main street. It is situated ca. 15 minutes by car from Lake Balaton, from Balatonfüred, from Tihany Penninsula and from the university town of Veszprém.
A 19. century small holding with stables, grazer, medows, outside riding arena, inside riding arena suitable also for equestria archery and side buildings are owned by the Szmrecsányi sport team. Next to our lake traditional yurt tents are placed, where we hold our discussions. We have an official Original Kassai System horsearchery track. We keep our horses free in stud, an open stable and forest with park land is available for them all day long. The Balaton-Upperland National Park, which is wellknown for its special bird life, rich wild life and park land is situated right next to our land, in our neighbourhood, offering us the possibilities for tracking and special trainings cross-country.